To assist in troubleshooting,
- What is your itUnes version?
- What is your iPod firmware number as shown on the iTunes summary page?
- Did you install any plugins?
What syncing your iPod always use the High Power USB port at the back of your PC and not those at the front, and also dont use USB Hub, disconnect all other USB devices except the mouse.
Put your iPod in Diskmode
- Connect your iPod in DiskMode to the HP USB2.0 port at the back of your PC.
- if iTunes launch, please close it.
- In the "My Computer" folder, and locate your iPod, Right click, and select Properties.
- Under Tools and Error-checking, click "Check-now"
- Tick on both "Automatically fix file system errors" + "Scan for and attempt recovery for bad sectors".
- Start the scan. This might take some time depending on the size of the hardisk.
- Once the scan done, this message appeared, "Some problems were found and fixed"
- Disconnect your iPod
- Open iTunes
- Connect back iPod
- When iPod appears on iTunes, click on the iPod icon, and select Restore , this will erase and reset all your setting to factory default, and upadte your iPod firmware that is compatible to your iPod.
- When Restore complete, disconnect your iPod , wait for 1 minute than connect back to sync the liibrary.
Tip: If your scan did not work, on Step 6, restart your computer, while keeping your iPod plugged. Scanning will automatically start after reboot. Continue with Step 8-12.