Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert a countdown timer in Keynote?

Hello all,

I'm sure this is an included feature that I just can't find somehow. I would like to insert a countdown timer into a slide. This seems pretty common; I've seen it done a lot. But I just can't find the Insert>timer link, or anything like it. And the iWork help file is forever searching and never going anywhere (second, embedded problem), so I can't search there.

I tried the iPresentee thing, but it didn't download properly. Plus, it seems like a basic feature available for a presenter, especially since there's a timer included in the Presenter view.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

iWork '09-OTHER

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 10:44 PM

d moon,

Keynote does not provide any countdown timer features. You need to seek third parties for them.

The iPresentee timers are a good start - their website provides a free "goodie" of timers in the form of a Keynote File where many choices of timers are available. Try downloading the file again or contact iPresentee for assistance.

Each Timer is actually a Quicktime video clip. You select the one with the closest time range to your needs, copy it to your presentation and adjust the start point.

Keynote > Inspector > Quicktime > Start & Stop controls

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 27, 2012 10:44 PM in response to d moon

d moon,

Keynote does not provide any countdown timer features. You need to seek third parties for them.

The iPresentee timers are a good start - their website provides a free "goodie" of timers in the form of a Keynote File where many choices of timers are available. Try downloading the file again or contact iPresentee for assistance.

Each Timer is actually a Quicktime video clip. You select the one with the closest time range to your needs, copy it to your presentation and adjust the start point.

Keynote > Inspector > Quicktime > Start & Stop controls

Apr 6, 2013 7:55 AM in response to d moon

Here you go. Keynote > Preferences > click Presenter Display click the presenter display button at the bottom of presenter display preferences. Choose Play > Customize Presenter Display. > Timer. the timer will give you the eleapsed time and time remaining, choose the option you want. Note that the timer starts once you click your first slide, not when you hit Play. Hope this helps.

Apr 6, 2013 6:52 AM in response to d moon

FYI, Keynote does have a countdown timer feature. It may only be available when using a secondary monitor and running in presenter mode. Go to Play->cutsomize presenter display->select "time remaining". Default is elapsed time. Problem is, it's not working for me, which is what led me to this thread in the first place. It caused both the clock and the time remaining (per slide) to freeze, while the presentation carried on. Any advice?

-Jerry

Insert a countdown timer in Keynote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.