Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPhone 4S keeps entering recovery mode after few hours

Hi,

I bought a new IPhone 4S from 12/2011. The first month of usage is fine but after I plug it into Itunes in my PC, problems start to appear. The phone keeps entering recovery mode (screen with itunes logo and USB cable) after a few days. Not long later, it automatically goes into recovery mode after 4-5 hours or randomly. I tried to hold the power with home button to kick it out but it goes back to recovery mode again after few hours. The following issues are also detected:

- Sometimes there is a blue horizontal line appear when device is rebooting with Apple logo.

- Any apps other than Apple's default apps cannot be accessed (tap the icon and it gets kick out to the home screen).

- A yellow screen is often seen and then device goes back to recovery mode by itself.

- 2 to 3 out of 10 attempts holding home and power buttons can get it out of recovery mode while 7-8 times this does not help.

I even use Itunes on PC to recover the phone as new Iphone. I went through all the settings as a new phone but the problem still persists.

I thought this is minor software issue but after seeing all these behaviors, I suspect this may a hardware-related problem.

Did anyone experience this problem before?

Cheers.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, World phone

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 3:18 AM

6 replies

Feb 28, 2012 3:25 AM in response to ltinhuynh

iPhone User Guide

The Basic Troubleshooting Steps are:

Restart... Reset... Restore from Backup... Restore as New...

Restart / Reset

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Backing up, Updating and Restoring

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If you try all these Steps and you still have issues... Then a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is the Next Step... Be sure to make an appointment first...

Feb 28, 2012 4:43 AM in response to ltinhuynh

Same problem - iphone 4s - within 30 days problems begans (actually after I downloaded thru wifi from appstore angry birds), constant reboots into recovery mode, already tried reset as factory settings and DFU (last resort), problems are fixed for a few hours, sometimes days, and then come back.

Problem, where I live there aren't any Apple Stores, only resellers, and since the phone wasn't bought here Apple's warranty does not apply. Any suggestions, what can I do ?

My IPhone 4S keeps entering recovery mode after few hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.