6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2012 7:16 AM by Ralph Landry1
Kevin19940214 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello,

I'm having a pretty serious problem. I can't access to my schools wi-fi network.

You're supposed to just connect to the school network then it should show you an authentication page where you should put in a code provided by the school.

I can connect to the school wi-fi, but the authentication never shows up.

All my friends with iPads and iPhones at school can connect properly, though we're all on iOS 5.0.1.

Things I've tried:

1. Resetting the iPad settings from the "Reset" menu in the "Settings".

2. Reset the whole iPad from iTunes.

3. Trying different pages to see if the authentication page would show up.

4. Trying around with different the settings in the "Wi-fi settings", like "Forget network" etc.

5. Tried putting in the IP for the authentication page. Still won't work.

I would appreciate help, this is kinda driving me insane, I wanna play games with my friends in school.

-Kevin

Message was edited by: Kevin19940214

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.0.1
  • Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (37,330 points)

Can you go to Settings > WiFi on your friends iPads and see what settings have been placed there, and then do the same on yours?  Do you get an authentication page from opening Safari or when trying to just go through Settings and WiFi?

• Kevin19940214 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I've compared the settings with 2 friends of mine. We have the same settings.

It should give you an authentication page exacly after connecting to the wi-fi in the Wi-fi settings, just like a pop-up.

On my Android phone though, I have to go to the webbrowser to make the authentication page pop up.

• Texas Mac Man Level 8 Level 8 (46,535 points)

Some things to try.;

Restart the iPad by holding down on the Sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut Off. To power up hold the Sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the Sleep and Home buttons at the same time (for about 10-15 seconds) until the Apple logo appears (ignore the red slider), then let go of the buttons.

Look at iOS Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections  http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

On your iPad go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings and see if that enables you to connect.

If none of the above suggestions work, look at this link.

iPad Wi-Fi Problems: Comprehensive List of Fixes

http://appletoolbox.com/2010/04/ipad-wi-fi-problems-comprehensive-list-of-fixes/

 Cheers, Tom

• Kevin19940214 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you!

I will try this and see tomorrow if it works, hopefully it will.

Have a nice day!

-Kevin

• pjl123 Level 5 Level 5 (6,160 points)

Also, check you safari settings.  Turn "block pop ups" off.

• Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (37,330 points)

Also turn off auto-fill...that has caused issues like this in the past.