Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble re-loading Mac OS X to mac mini.

I recently recieved a hand-me-down mac mini which was in "server mode". I tried to re-load Mac OS X, choosing to archive the old server data just in case the original owner wanted it back. But after the first CD has run its course, the mini goes through a never-ending rebooting cycle. I tried to reload it last night and checked this morning and it would still reboot, go to the white screen with the white apple, then reboot again and repeat. I tried holding down "C", but all that let me do was re-load mac os x again and repeat the process.

When I manually shut the computer down and repower it, it again is stuck in the rebooting loop.

Please help.

Thanks,

e

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:28 AM

10 replies

Feb 28, 2012 4:55 PM in response to emtoujouse

So the disk that I was trying to re-install was Mac OS X 10.5.4. I tried doing all of the things in the link to no avail. When I try to install the CD, it reboots, goes to the gray screen for a few minute, then reboots and repeats. The only things that work are ejecting the CD, holding down C to get back to the Mac OS X installer, going to the single user screen. None of which fix the problem. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

E

Having trouble re-loading Mac OS X to mac mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.