Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2006 dual core 1.83 2g- is the resolution good on a 46 LCD TV

I want to buy a used 2006, For the purpose adding it onto my LCD TV 46" ..just wondering if the graphics can support?

My main use would be internet TV like ABC player and watching movies off a hard drive and even CD/DVD

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5), Dual core 1.83

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 11:13 AM

The pixel resolution is supported just fine. There's no limitation on the size of display supported, since the display device is doing all the work of actually powering the panel - you are just sending signal information to it for the TV to process out to whatever panel size it has. A 19" 1080p native resolution display has the same number of pixels as a 55" 1080p native resolution display.

Your main concern with the older mini is the processing capability in regards to the bitrate or framerate of the video. A Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz does well handling most HD video signals from online streaming sources as I can attest. If your mini is definitely a 2006 Core Duo 1.83, it may struggle a little more, but will probably be just fine. Most decent video sources available online are adaptive, and will detect what quality and bitrate your system can support, as well as what your internet connection speed can support. If your connection is too slow, it may present a greater limitation on video quality than your hardware's capabilities.

Video from the hard drive, like streaming content, depends on the bitrate used when the video was encoded. CDs and DVDs will be just fine.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2012 11:13 AM in response to debbie918

The pixel resolution is supported just fine. There's no limitation on the size of display supported, since the display device is doing all the work of actually powering the panel - you are just sending signal information to it for the TV to process out to whatever panel size it has. A 19" 1080p native resolution display has the same number of pixels as a 55" 1080p native resolution display.

Your main concern with the older mini is the processing capability in regards to the bitrate or framerate of the video. A Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz does well handling most HD video signals from online streaming sources as I can attest. If your mini is definitely a 2006 Core Duo 1.83, it may struggle a little more, but will probably be just fine. Most decent video sources available online are adaptive, and will detect what quality and bitrate your system can support, as well as what your internet connection speed can support. If your connection is too slow, it may present a greater limitation on video quality than your hardware's capabilities.

Video from the hard drive, like streaming content, depends on the bitrate used when the video was encoded. CDs and DVDs will be just fine.

2006 dual core 1.83 2g- is the resolution good on a 46 LCD TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.