Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to itunes radio

I used to listen to the radio each day, but now when I try to connect I get a message that says that an error occurred connecting to the internet, try again later.

I ran the troubleshooting for internet connections - passed, I can connect to the itunes store in itunes, my home sharing account is working, obviously my interet is working, I have disabled my AVG security and added another exception to the firewall for itunes, as well as turned off the windows firewall. I have the latest version of itunes, I have tried to connect on a different wireless network but it still doesn't work.

Windows 7, wireless connection not working

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 8:09 AM

21 replies

Feb 28, 2012 2:40 PM in response to whatheck

No, It is installed on my pc. After reading other posts with similar problems I figured out that I can get some channels to play. However it is about 10% of the channels. It has to be an apple server problem or glitch in the software. Again it just started a few days ago. I can listen to blues but not adult contemporary or talk radio. Thanks for responding.

Mar 1, 2012 12:43 PM in response to saved by faith in Him alone

-go to start on the computer

-choose all programs>accessories

-right click on command prompt and choose "run as administrator"

-in the black screen that comes up type "netsh winsock reset" (without the quotes) then hit enter

-after the message tells you that it has been reset, restart your computer

-after computer boots back up try accessing the radio again

Mar 4, 2012 9:27 AM in response to synyster156

I too have had this problem for over a week.

In the past for a problem like this I would have tried different solutions, uninstall/reinstall, editing the registry, etc. I may have even tried solutions that have been mentioned here (or other similar threads).

However I learned a while ago that when a problem is not unique to me and my system it is best to just wait it out. Implementing "fixes" (either my own or from a well intentioned fellow poster) may actually do more harm.

Does it make me happy iTunes radio has been down for 10 days? No. I am shareholder in AAPL and am disappointed that they have not resolved this. But that is life/business. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Mar 4, 2012 12:25 PM in response to Backplanetech

You are an engineer. That explains it. I'm not looking for endearment but rather for Apple to get their head out of their you know what and fix the problem. Please tell your fellow engineers at Apple to concentrate on customer service!

At least if they can't fix it immediately to at least acknowledge the problem so we can stop monkeying around and stop screwing up our computers with all kinds of "workarounds" ( an engineering term).

cannot connect to itunes radio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.