Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 1 Crashes every time I use music app after signing up for iTunes match

why does my iPad 1 crash every time I use music after signing up for iTunes match? It works on my iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, Macbook air, Mac Mini. It works on my apple tv (A4 processor) most of the time, but also causes it to crash. On the iPad, music app will crash, and two seconds later the iPad will restart. It has 32GB, and has plenty of free space. My internet connection via WiFi is great.

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 11:59 AM

4 replies

May 10, 2012 6:37 AM in response to Chicagomacman

I'm still having the same issue which iTunes match crashing my first generation iPad. I haven't found any solution to the problem. I thought the problem might have been fixed after the update to 5.1.1. However, this morning I tried turning iTunes match back on, and tried playing a couple of songs. I played half of one song, and then skipped to another. Before the second song was half over, music.app crashed, and three seconds later the iPad itself crashed and restarted. It would be great if Apple could make a fix so a two-year old device still works...

May 10, 2012 9:02 AM in response to Chicagomacman

I did solve this issue, but the solution is ugly.

After trying several other things such as erasing and restoring the iPad from backup, I elected to erase the iPad and NOT restore from backup. Fortunately most important stuff is all cloud-based (iCal, Evernote, bookmarks, etc.) and so I didn't have to recreate too many things when I rebuilt it.

Doing a full reinstall without restoring worked. iTunes Match now functions properly, albeit slowly because this is an older, underpowered device.

It would thus appear that the problem was in my music database on the iPad, which would keep coming back when restoring from backup. By starting fresh, it works.

Looking forward to buying a much faster iPad later this year!

Ipad 1 Crashes every time I use music app after signing up for iTunes match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.