Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I customize build order of cells (or rows) in Table

I am trying to build a table in keynote where I first bring in the row and column names, then the marginals (bottom right and rightmost column) then individual cells in the order I choose (all by clicking). Build inspector for tables doesn't seem to want to let me do this, and when I try to go to the drawer and move stuff up and down, nothing is allowed. Please help.

Thanks

Neal

Keynote (iWork09)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 10:06 PM

Neal,

The only way to get the effect you are looking for is to de-construct the table into individual units.

Keynote sees a table and treats it as a table and only allows cell builds in cell order (cell 1, then cell 2, then cell 3 etc.) or larger units such as revealing the entire table and revealing the cells... but again, in cell order only.

What you need to do to get the effect is to create the constituent parts: a column header table, a row header table so that they can be revealed at the start, then:

For each cell in the basic table, create a 1 cell table or box and insert the data in each, arrange the boxes to look like a table, then assign builds in the order you wish.

I suggest you make the parts while you still have your original table intact so that you can easily get dimensions to match, then delete the original table when everything is aligned properly.

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2012 10:06 PM in response to neal27d

Neal,

The only way to get the effect you are looking for is to de-construct the table into individual units.

Keynote sees a table and treats it as a table and only allows cell builds in cell order (cell 1, then cell 2, then cell 3 etc.) or larger units such as revealing the entire table and revealing the cells... but again, in cell order only.

What you need to do to get the effect is to create the constituent parts: a column header table, a row header table so that they can be revealed at the start, then:

For each cell in the basic table, create a 1 cell table or box and insert the data in each, arrange the boxes to look like a table, then assign builds in the order you wish.

I suggest you make the parts while you still have your original table intact so that you can easily get dimensions to match, then delete the original table when everything is aligned properly.

Good luck.

How can I customize build order of cells (or rows) in Table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.