Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally purchased iBook want to return book how?

Accidentally touched BUY for iBook I did not want to buy? Have not read it? Don't want to read. Can I somehow return it for a refund or credit? Thanks!

iPad 2, Ibook purchases

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 6:32 PM

16 replies

Feb 28, 2012 6:37 PM in response to Farnasy

You cannot return iTunes, App Store or iBooks purchases for credit or for refunds. The terms of of use state that all sales at final.

I don't understand how anyone can accidentally buy any content. You have to enter your password in order to make a purchase so if you had to have entered your password, you had to know that tapping on buy would begin the purchase process.

Apr 28, 2017 9:57 AM in response to Farnasy

I know people say you can't accidentally buy a book but I actually did. So I bought the Monthomery Ink Box set with book 0.5, 0.6, and 1 and then as I was viewing the books INDIVIDUALLY. I downloaded Delicate Ink which I didn't know was actually THE book 1 because I hadn't read the plot for the three books of the set I bought. How do I refund???

Feb 28, 2012 7:43 PM in response to Farnasy

I agree completely with Demo and Johnathan. What I hear [between the lines] is you bought a book and you don't like it, so now you want a refund. Maybe in a brick and mortar store, but the terms of iTunes, iBooks, the App Store, etc., is you bought it (which has enough checks in place to make sure you are sure you want to make your purchase) and you can not return it. Sorry. Be careful next time. This is why in iBooks you have the option to download a sample before making a purchase.

Jun 4, 2012 7:51 PM in response to Brandicarle25

You can change the settings to require your password for any purchase every single time. You're setting is likely currently set to keep your iTunes Password valid for up to 15 minutes after you've entered it. This of course permits you to make multiple purchases within a set time limit without having to re-enter your apssword. I'm not criticising you, but maybe if you read the User Guide, which is conveniently bookmarked in Safari on your iPad you'd know this.

Jun 4, 2012 7:57 PM in response to Brandicarle25

You need to reset your iTunes warnings so that you will be prompted twice before making any purchases. Yes, I know this is annoying but you will not make any more accidental purchases this way.

iTunes/preferences/advanced/ reset all dialog warnings

The above setting will restore the two warnings before each purchase. iPad should give you warnings as well.

May 2, 2016 10:19 AM in response to Farnasy

I know this is an old post, so things must have changed since 2012. Report a Problem allowed me to return an iBook which I ordered, thinking it was an audiobook.

For those of you who don't know how this can happen, add a few screaming kids, late nights, classes, and the various sundry things that build as you near age 40, and you may start to get it.

Best of luck.

Accidentally purchased iBook want to return book how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.