Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do iTunes backup files reside?

I'm not worried about music, but I imagine everything is in the same place. My primary concern is iCal and Address Book. I back up my iPhone and iPad to iTunes. I want to make sure it backs up to Carbonite so in the unlikely event I would loose my Mac and both devices (fire, theft. etc) and if I would need data I would need to know where to look. I don't want to use iCloud, I've had too much trouble with all 3 devices syncing to each other.

Thanks

iMac 20 in., Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 6:11 AM

http://osxdaily.com/2009/09/11/iphone-backup-location/ - "in Mac OS X your iPhone files are backed up at the following location: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/"

19 replies

Feb 29, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Limnos

it just occurred to me, my wife's iPad and iPhone are backed to iTunes on our desktop Mac which hasCarbonite . My iphone is backed up to iTunes on my laptop Mac, but no Carbonite. Is there any reason i cann't copy my iTunes backup to a flash drive or copy it to the Mac so Carbonite will have a backup? I realize I wwould not put it in the same folder as hers, probably a new folder labeled 'my backups"

Aug 28, 2013 1:39 PM in response to TheGirlWrites

TheGirlWrites wrote:

This is probably a quite silly question, but how do I get to ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/?

As noted in my post directly above yours;

Click on the desktop.

Press and hold Option key.

In the Finder menu at top, select the Go menu.

Library

I backedup using iTunes on my iPhone and I need to acess my notes app. What do I do?

is about halfway down.

You cannot access the Notes app in your backup.

Did you delete some notes?

Where do iTunes backup files reside?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.