Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my title clip is overlayed by clips below it

I have a title at the very top of my timeline.

Quite a bit of stuff underneath, including a compound clip.

But I can't understand how this title selected in the screenshot below, can be "partially showing" - admittedly it's a foreign character so it might be hard for you to tell, but you can see the actual words at the top of the purple clip - only half of it is showing in the viewer. You can see the selection is wider than the text showing, at least.

Now, I sort of know what's going on, it seems to be allowing clips (photos) in the compound clip, at the bottom, to "overlay" on top of it.

But I don't understand how this is even possible. Shouldn't a title clip at the top, trump all?

If not, what do I need to do, to get this title overlaying everything?

User uploaded file

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 3:43 AM

7 replies

Feb 29, 2012 3:26 PM in response to Ian R. Brown

Sorry.

The title at the top in the timeline is highlighted in the viewer. It's actually the text 日本の里帰り but you can only see half of it. Cut off at after 日本...

The question for me, is, why can I only see half of it?

It is being obscured by the layering of a photo "below it" in the timeline

How could anything overlap my title when my title is at the top of the timeline?

If anyone can just confirm there's no known way this should happen, that would be good enough ;-)

I believe I can then show how to reproduce it, if it's a bug.

Feb 29, 2012 6:26 PM in response to furrytoes

I should say now, that if I delete the title in question and then create a new title from scratch, the problem doesn't happen.

The text shows above the photos, as it should.

So I'm thinking it's a bug with Option/Drag duplicating titles...?

Perhaps it also needs a compound clip below it, with multiple frames as I have it, as well.

I'll see if I can isolate it.

Mar 1, 2012 12:26 AM in response to furrytoes

I wonder if that has any tenuous connection with a problem I had with transitions over Christmas.

A video with several transitions was exported but after the first transition it went black. I deleted the first transition, exported and the video went black after the second transition which was now the first.

Deleting all the transitions and replacing them cured the problem.

It hasn't happened since.

Why is my title clip is overlayed by clips below it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.