Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove a linked device that has been sold?

I sold my desktop and laptop but forgot to remove them from my synced iCloud devices.

I did tell the new owners to set up iCloud which would have removed them from my account but they never did it.

I've even sent them a message via "find my devices".

I can see them on "find my devices" and I can see changes being made in my bookmarks on my existing computers.

For now I have unlinked my current computers to the cloud. I'd like to start using the syncing functions of iCloud again but first I need to remove the two computers I sold.

Is there a way such as in iTunes where you can deauthorize all devices and start from scratch?

Would simply changing my password work? I'd rather keep my password but if I have to change it I will.

(if there is a better forum for this question, please let me know)

aluminum imac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:13 AM

You can't sign that computer out: you will need to change your password, then it won't connect.

5 replies

Feb 29, 2012 12:24 PM in response to Tom Lockwood

Tom Lockwood wrote:

Would I still be able to see them on "find my devices" if I change my password?

You might, some mac hardware will continue to transmit its location even after they have been wiped, the only way to remove the device from your find my phone in such circumstances is for the device to be logged into another iCloud account and enable find my phone under that account.

How do I remove a linked device that has been sold?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.