Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AFP error -5018 mapped to EIO (NetApplication/NetLibrary)

Hi!

In my console reports I find many entries like:

AFP error -5018 mapped to EIO

OK! This means: AFP Object not found

The problem occures since my replic of my OD-Master died.

This replic offered AFP-Services and so it offered a network-application share and a network-library share as automounts.

For sure, this replic and the server doesn't exist anymore! And so also this shares doesn't exist anymore!

In "All Network-Shares" I found two folder (or alias) "Applications" and "Library" on every client. This shares does not exist (see obove).

How can I remove this no more existing shares and so clear my systemlog from "AFP error -5018 mapped to EIO" messages and get some programs start faster. - This really slows down to start some applications.

When I create a new application share it will not recognized on clients... :-(

It would be very nice to get some help for this problem.

Thanx a lot!

Peter.

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 GB RAM, 1TB RAID (mirror)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 11:08 PM

Hi!

The solution for this problem is:

1. Turn off AFP at OD-Master

2. Reboot OD-Master

3. Turn on AFP at OD-Master

Just to let you know!

Peter.

3 replies

Apr 26, 2012 7:22 AM in response to Peter Borbonus

Hey Peter,

I'm running into the same error, but I have a different situation. I'm running a 10.6.8 server, and cetrain shares have just stopped sharing for unkown reasons, and any amount of diabling and enabling sharing (along with modifying permissions) isn't helping. I re-created a share and it mounted normally for a few minutes, but then exhibited the same behavior.

I tried the steps you wrote above, but it had no effect. Do you have any other steos to try?

Thanks!

-- Patrck

AFP error -5018 mapped to EIO (NetApplication/NetLibrary)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.