0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 29, 2012 5:06 PM by Markie Castle
Markie Castle Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)

Hello all,

I've looked around and found multiple explanations for what the 'Bookmarks Bar' vs 'Bookmarks Menu' are and don't have any issues with that. I get the difference.

I use the bar for frequent sites, but would like easier access to my bookmarks themselves, especially since clicking the bookmarks icon on the bar replaces my current content instead of opening a pane or a new window.

To further complicate matters, I have Safari on my 2nd monitor, so using the Bookmarks menu at the top of the screen is a lot of mouse miles by the end of the day, which is why I would prefer a solution right in the app window.

Is there any way to make the bookmark menu contents more readily available? I'd like to simply have another folder/button on the bar that I can click and have a dropdown menu to get to the bookmark I want. I actually tried moving a folder with multiple sub-folders to the Bookmarks Bar, and promptly bolloxed the whole thing. Luckily I was able to restore from an XMarks backup.

So the question (in parts) is:

1. Is there an extension I haven't been able to find that will open the bookmarks in a separate pane and keep it open and accessible?
  2. Is there an extension I haven't been able to find that will open the bookmarks in a separate window? (Yes, I've tried opening the Bookmarks Menu, then taking the tab and tearing it off to another window, but that's just troublesome what with application re-launches and such.
  3. Is there an extension that will provide the dropdown functionality for the bookmarks menu (which is not a  menu but a pane that I must then select from again and again)
  4. Is there a way to move the Bookmarks Menu contents to the Bookmarks Bar so that a dropdown menu is possible?

I'm very open to any helpful suggestions if you have them.

Thanks in advance,

Markie

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)