Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After intalling EFI 2.7, no network connectivity

I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro 13" running Lion. I installed the recommended 2.7 EFI update (which was advised by the system update utility) and after the reboot, I could not access any network resources (couldn't ping the router). The information provided showed that I was connected to the WIFI AP and had a good IP Address (provided via DHCP). I connected an ethernet cable and got a new IP address in both cases, I was unable to ping the gateway IP address. I tried clearing the PRAM and NVRAM but no success. I booted into the restore console and the wifi access there showed my Time Machine backup (connected to my Airport Extreme). I was confused by this as when fully booted, it wouldn't show anything on the network, but in the restore mode it could. I have begun the process of restoring from the previous backup which will take a few hours, but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance for the help!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 6:17 PM

3 replies

Feb 29, 2012 6:31 PM in response to OrangeMarlin

that was my hesitation as well... but when going through the start of the restore process... the wifi connection worked and could see the router and get the backup files from the Time Machine usb drive (connected to the router). The first time I checked into the restore, it showed that backup file... so I canceled and rebooted to the OS. That did not see anything on the network so I figured, why not give the restore a shot.

After intalling EFI 2.7, no network connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.