Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi issues still present after 10.7.3 update.

Hi, I'm new to the Apple Support Community. I never knew I'd need to actually join, because I expected better from my product.

I've got a 2007 Mac Mini (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo), and it was running great, until I upgraded to Mac OS X Lion.

I've looked through numerous sites and discussions, trying many of the fixes, but none of them seem to work with mine. Every time I try to connect to our locked network, it says 'Connection Timeout'. I've been needing to use my old first-gen iPhone as a tethering device, and it's extremely frustrating, because I can't use my computer in my network, nor can I take advantage or AirPrint, AirPlay, etc. It *****. It really does. We use a Netgear WNDR3300 router connected to a Arris Xfinity modem.

I seriously would appreciate any help or comments, because this issue has been a real pain.

Thank you.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 6:54 PM

1 reply

Feb 29, 2012 7:26 PM in response to sbstnkrtz

Not knowing what you've tried or not, have you gone back to basics, removed WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryption on the router, to see if the mini can connect? Are you trying to connect on a 5GHz versus 2.4GHz frequency? If yes, have you tried 2.4GHz?

How much memory does your mini have? Many have issues running Lion in 2GB which is fixed by going to 4GB for some. I'm stretching to see how this might impact the network, but if Lion is constipated in 2GB, it might contribute to a timeout problem.

Try reinstalling 10.7.3 by installing the 10.7.3 combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484 . Repair permissions, install the combo update, and repair permissions again. Sometimes Software Update doesn't update completely, and applying the combo update can often fix just odd issues.

You've probably already reset the SMC and PRAM, yes?

Wi-Fi issues still present after 10.7.3 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.