Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long does the paid ibook author application take to approve?

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:14 PM

10 replies

Mar 10, 2012 3:12 PM in response to limtc

Hi, you said you got one approved in about 11 days. Are you saying that you are applying for an ibook author application for each book you submit?

I applied for the ibook application...when I got to the itunes connect application it says to check my email for a response which I have never received.

I have three books ready to publish, but am stuck.

Any ideas? Any way to contact them directly to find out what is going on?

It's been more than two weeks since I applied.

Apr 25, 2012 2:30 PM in response to jimbo19333

jimbo19333 wrote:

At least the courtesy of a reply saying the application is being considered, even an automated reply would let us know if we did the application ok or what the H is happening.

I never recieved any handholding during the process. Same with the applications for iOS and Mac App applications, where there is a of course a related fee and you can track that activity if you like, which does kick out the obligatory receipt. But yes, the advice to check your spam filters/folders is a good tip 🙂

Apr 25, 2012 2:42 PM in response to K T

I didn't receive any automated reply either in response to my application.

However, I got a response a few days later telling me that my EIN couldn't be found. That happened because I applied immediately for the iTunes Connect account after I received my EIN over the phone, but the EIN wasn't in the IRS database yet.

The message I received explained that it takes a while for EINs to make their way into the database and recommended that I should resubmit my application after a few days, which I did. I initially didn't find that message because it had ended up in my spam folder.

The second time around, the application went through.

I can't remember whether I received a notification via email once my iTunes Connect access was enabled, sorry.

Michi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.