You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove history bar in safari

Clearing history does clear the list but does not remove a history bar that appears just below the bookmark bar. How can this bar be removed or hidden

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 2:38 PM

Thanksfor the reply muna0001, I can turn on/turn off the bookmarks bar but I'm referring to another bar that appears below the bookmark bar when that bar is on or appears in the normal site of the bookmark bar when that bar is turned off. This bar contains the name history of sites vivited and remains visible even when history is cleared. It is that history containing bar that I'm trying to delete or turn off.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 1, 2012 2:38 PM in response to acc2500

Thanksfor the reply muna0001, I can turn on/turn off the bookmarks bar but I'm referring to another bar that appears below the bookmark bar when that bar is on or appears in the normal site of the bookmark bar when that bar is turned off. This bar contains the name history of sites vivited and remains visible even when history is cleared. It is that history containing bar that I'm trying to delete or turn off.

Mar 1, 2012 4:17 PM in response to varjak paw

Hello Dave sawyer, I have taken a screenshot and cropped it...BUT panic stations, how do I post it into this forum reply ?? The research on doing this has me bewildered with talk of URL links and what looks like computer code.

The history bar has 9 "buttons" Bearing the names of recent web sites visited and has plus sign at the right hand end...that does nothing, it is the same height as the bookmarks bar. Is there some easy way to insert thr screenshot into this forum.

Regards.

Mar 1, 2012 7:04 PM in response to Demo

Just paid a visit to the store of purchase and a demo iPad had the same "bar" which can hold up to 9 site names. Pressing trhe little "x" removes each one and when 1 is left the "+" sign brings up a pop up list of "Recently closed tabs". I was referring to it as a history bar. Pressing the + sign will add new tabs same as the last recorded. Opening a new web site adds a tab to this bar. So, technically it probably is a history bar...BUT...it cant be removed I was assured by the tech guy at the shop.

Thanks all for your inputs.

how to remove history bar in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.