Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to boot mac mini after interrupted upgrade from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3

I purchased new Mac Mini (Mid 2011 Model) 5 days ago. Last night, I started to uogarde it from Lion 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 using the DMG file provied by apple for update.

The upgrade was interuppted automatically by a system crash and I was shown a message in 5 languages to hard boot long pressing the power button.

When I hard booted the system is constantly showing gray screen with the Apple Logo and a spinning progress bar.

I read the manual and tried to boot in safe mode but it did not start in safe mode.

I also - Reset the NVRAM / PRAM, nut even this did not help to boot successfully.

I also read the KB article (Mac OS X: Gray screen appears during startup) and tried the steps mentioned there but I can't perform many of the steps mentioned there as the Mac mini does not has Optial drive so that I can install Lion afresh.

I think I need to install Lion afresh, So my question is what will happen to my license of Lion OS that was factory installed in my Mac mini?

Please help and guide me.

Mac mini (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac OS X: Gray screen while booting

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 9:28 PM

3 replies

Mar 1, 2012 5:21 AM in response to BGreg

I have only access to broadband internet in my office that requires Certificate based Authentication to access Internet.

No other broadband Internet source is available in my city.

Now what are my options?

(Lion Recovery HD and Lion Internet Recovery both does not support certificate based authentication)

Unable to boot mac mini after interrupted upgrade from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.