Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keep contacts on iCould but delete them from 4s

How can I keep my contacts on iCloud, but delete them off my 4S? I was going to just turn off contacts under settings but it asked me if I wanted to delete them off the phone – yes I do, but something is saying to me that this will delete them from iCloud also.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 9:24 PM

They won't delete from the server. You are simply deleting the iCloud account. Same as if you were to get another iPhone and are giving this phone to a friend to use. You must restore or erase all content and settings from the iPhone before allowing them to have it. As long as you don't delete from the server, they'll be there so you may use them if need be.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2012 9:24 PM in response to crikey123

They won't delete from the server. You are simply deleting the iCloud account. Same as if you were to get another iPhone and are giving this phone to a friend to use. You must restore or erase all content and settings from the iPhone before allowing them to have it. As long as you don't delete from the server, they'll be there so you may use them if need be.

keep contacts on iCould but delete them from 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.