Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with playing video via composite av cable on iPod classic 2009 model 160gb

Things went well, after purchasing the new Ipod classic 160 gb i tryied to watch movies on my LED TV via Composite AV Cable. I did it once. Everything worked correctly & I was able to see my photoes, watch movies. Today i tryied to connect it again to the TV via av composite cable. The TV Out was switched on. But i could hear only audio. No video. I tryied all possible configs for Ipod an for tv set & no result. If i choose on my Ipod to ask me first if i want to switch on the AV out, the Ipod shows me a message that i should connect the video accessory (but it is already connected!). If i choose simply to switch on the TV Out without asking me it will play either sound only on the TV, either the playback on the Ipod is ending after 20 seconds of show time.

Without AV Cable connected Ipod is working normaly in terms of video playback. Also the device is working normally with the ITunes.

Please help. Where is the problem. The AV composite cable? TV set? Or iPod itself?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 7:05 AM

2 replies

Problem with playing video via composite av cable on iPod classic 2009 model 160gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.