Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.6 Address book sync with iCloud

I have OS 10.7 (latest version) installed on a MacBook Pro, and iOS5 on my iPhone. I recently migrated to iCloud from MobileMe.

However, my company still uses OS 10.6.8.

How can I get my Address Book on my work Mac, running OS 10.6.8 to sync with my iCloud account?

How do I set up the iCloud account in my address book? Where is the Contacts server?

And please don't tell me to upgrade to 10.7. That's not an option.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 7:27 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2012 11:47 AM in response to Parbar777

Tried it. Several times. Didn't work for me.

First problem came when Contacts couldn't find the server. Tried both "p04-contacts.icloud.com" as shown in the procedure, and also "p04-contactsws.icloud.com" that was indicated in the Safari Activities windows. Kept getting the error message, and it wouldn't create the account.

Then I was unable to find the correct plist file. First, the Go to Folder couldn't find the folder. Looked in both Library folders. Found the AddressBook folder in my user Library folder, but couldn't find any Sources folder.

So I guess I'll just use the Google address book as a go-between until my company finally decides to upgrade our OS to 10.7.

10.6 Address book sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.