Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video version of my ibook

My iBook consists of nine chapters, including snippets of the course videos. The videos are too large to embed in the iBook, but I'd like to market them separately (at at discount for the purchasers of the book). Is there a vehicle on the itunes store for this kind of content. The combined videos are 1280 x 720 and total 1.5 hours of material. Any suggestions?

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 8:36 AM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2012 7:03 AM in response to limtc

Well, my book has 20 videos total of 40 minutes. If you can adjust the quality to fit into says 500MB to a GB, think you can still sell. If not, how about selling that as smaller book, each book has a few videos?

Believe OP's question was oriented more towards opening a secondary source of revenue rather that asking how to embed larger files. Have personally preview tested projects with multiple videos (largest single video 90 minutes at 1.91 GB) but the proofing and loading times for such internally embedded content soon becomes rediculous. On the other hand, I have also embedded multiple movies by reference (largest single file 90 minutes at 3.84 MB) with little or no increase in proofing/loading times and only moderate increases in exported file size (about 500 KB average per movie widget). Of course, the disadvantage of the latter approach is that the reader must connect to the internet to view such content.

User uploaded file

video version of my ibook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.