Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pre purchase assitance - iPhone 4

Hi. I am looking to purchase either an iPhone 4 or iPhone4s.

However, the main requirement for the iPhone is that it works seamlessly with the bluetooth system within my Jaguar XK.

I tried a friend's iPhone 4 - running iOS5.01 and that worked just fine.

I note that the iPhone 4S has a different BT specification - if it is running the same OS as the iPhone4, will it be sure to work?

I don't know anyone with a 4S to try out in the car - and whilst I would rather have the newer model, I don't want to risk it not working, and I can't think of any way of trying it, beyond what I've done.

Advise please!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 10:47 AM

4 replies

Mar 1, 2012 11:20 AM in response to manicguitarist

To be safe, just grab the iPhone 4. I only upgraded from a 4 to a 4S because my company buys these things and my contract was up. The 4S is little more than a slightly faster 4 with a voice assistant that's next to worthless. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference between the two phones at all if you turn Siri off on the 4S. You'll not miss a thing by grabbing something that you are sure will suit your needs.

pre purchase assitance - iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.