Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I avoid preview from opening a previous document while launching the app?

I have had it with this stupid app! I study in the library and when I open up a .pdf to read it flashes for a second previous pictures I have opened in Preview. Pictures I do not want everyone to see. Secondly, all of my pictures & documents I have ever opened in Preview are opened too. All I have to do is three finger swipe to look at all my documents and pictures... why are they all open?

I want this app to behaive like a .pdf viewer. Just open the **** document.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 2:41 PM

1 reply

Mar 1, 2012 2:49 PM in response to Roger_James

No, it'll open the documents you had open the last time you ran Preview. If you didn't close the individual image windows, they will still be open. That's true for a lot of apps in Lion now.

If you don't want that to open, either -

- Hold down Shift when you start Preview; or,

- In System Preferences - General, turn OFF "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening applications"

Matt

How do I avoid preview from opening a previous document while launching the app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.