Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Cross Fade with Logic...Help!

I was editing an audio track, and had no problem doing a couple of cross fades with the cross fade tool.

Then, all of a sudden it seems that the cross fade tool stopped working and I could not do a simple cross fade anymore. I quit the software and restarted the computer 5 times, and I'm still not able to use the cross fade.

Anyone has any idea of what the problem might be?

As you can see in the screeshot, at first, I was able to normally do the cross fade, but then on the last 2 regions, it just did not allow me to do it at all. It kept moving the region, and no cross fade. Really annoying.....

Thank you so much for your help already in advance 🙂

User uploaded file

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 10:22 PM

I assume you are talking about the bass track at top of the screenshot. The last regions are comp folders, and you have to flatten these comps (click on the triangle in the top right corner of the comp region, then select flatten from the menu that drops). Then you'll be able to crossfade them.

3 replies

Cannot Cross Fade with Logic...Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.