Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to manually save a version before quitting?

Hey guys,

sometimes when I'm writing a document and I quit Pages right after finishing, the program won't automatically save a couple of last sentences. This might be stupid, but I don't hit cmd+s because I was under the impression that the new "versions" feature was implemented precisely so that I don't have to manually save my documents. Am I wrong?

Thx.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 10:46 PM

2 replies

Mar 3, 2012 2:38 AM in response to Bluefinger

Auto Save is meant to work the way you expect.

You're using the latest version of OS X. Are you using the latest version of Pages? Only the latest version supports Auto Save in Lion. Run Software Update (or if you bought it from the App Store program, start it) to check if you need to update.

If you're using the latest version of Pages and it's not Auto Saving every time, press Cmd+S to create a version (aka copy) of the document you're using. It can't hurt and if Auto Save doesn't work then you can use the Versions feature (Cmd+S) to backup your document.

Also send Apple some feedback like Peter suggested.

Cheers.

Do I have to manually save a version before quitting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.