Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport trouble: could not connect to wireless network: timeout

Hi there, maybe someone can help me...

I´ve massive trouble with connecting my wireless network via Airport. I´ve a MacBook (2008) with Lion. My connection was working till last week. I´vnt changed any setting or something... I was working like every day. From one secound to another the connection to my network was broken. When I try to connect to my network my Mac gives a trouble message: "timeout". I allready checked my router config (192.168.0.1 as admin) and everything is fine. No MAC Filter! Everything is set like it´s written in the apple manual. I allready restarted my router. Plugged it completly off. Not working. I was so desperated that I installed my system (Lion) new 2 days ago. The connection problem is still there! I don´t now where the problem is! I can connect with my MacBook to any other wireless network and via ethernet. The router is working fine because I can connect with my other laptop to it (by the way with 2 iphone as well). Do anyone no this problem? I don´t know what to do now. Who can help me??? You would make my day!

MacBook (13-inch Late 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 1:41 AM

2 replies

Airport trouble: could not connect to wireless network: timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.