Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple mcx printers

I manage 300 or so Macs running 10.6x with a 10.6 server using Workgroup Manager.

I am having a problem where the managed printers multiply exponentially in Adobe applications, so that on some machines there may be 15 or so versions of the same printer in the print dialogue box. This only happens in Adobe Applications. When I look in CUPS there are multiple MCX versions of the same printer, no other Applications seem to be picking up these extra printers. If I reset the print system and reboot then everything returns to normal for a while, but the extra printers slowly return. Is anybody else having the same problem and managed to solve it?

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 2:37 AM

1 reply

multiple mcx printers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.