Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed the new Mac OS system Lion and now safari says not connected to the internet?

We have upgraded our OS for the $29.99 from apple. Now when we try to open safari it says its not connected to the internet while on wifi. At the top however it is. Then you click on the diagnostics button in the middle of the "can't connect" screen in safari and it finds the address again... Then after a series of opening and closing safari and then opening my email and forcing it to get email... Then the safari browser does work... Please help. This is really annoying.

Thanks,

Jason

iMac

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:32 AM

Jason ...

The network preferences (Wi-Fi) may be corrupted...

Go to /LIbrary/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Move all the files from the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your Mac.

See if that made a difference...

If not try htere > WiFi Dropping in OS X Lion? Here are Some Wireless Troubleshooting Solutions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2012 4:32 AM in response to C&JinKC

Jason ...

The network preferences (Wi-Fi) may be corrupted...

Go to /LIbrary/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Move all the files from the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your Mac.

See if that made a difference...

If not try htere > WiFi Dropping in OS X Lion? Here are Some Wireless Troubleshooting Solutions

I installed the new Mac OS system Lion and now safari says not connected to the internet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.