Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

os x lion Reinstall problems

HI

I am having trouble reinstalling lion on my late 2006 imac. intel 2/0 ghz machine.

i was going to sell the device and did a drive cleaning and reinstalled the original version of tiger that it shipped with.

after all of that the screen developed the dreaded verticle line issue.

since i can't sell if for much now i decided to give it to my son.

i upgraded to snow leopard again with no trouble and then wanted to put lion back.

i went to the app store and went to my recent purchases. clicked the re install button for lion and waited.

the download failed. and i was stuck with a dock icon for lion that said downloading was paused.

lion is no longer showing in my recent purchases in tha app store.

i could not resume the down load in the dock, and when i restarted the computer that icon was gone.

the only option i see now in the app store is to buy it again.

how can i get this to re install?

powerbook g4, intel imac , iphone, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:20 AM

2 replies

Mar 2, 2012 8:42 AM in response to ski4

Verify that you've signed on to the App store with the same AppleID as you used to purchase Lion. If it's still not under purchased, click the Account link under Quick Links, authenticate again and look under Itunes in the Cloud for any "hidden" purchases. Click the link and hidden items will appear.

User uploaded file

Regards,

Captfred

os x lion Reinstall problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.