Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wallpaper won't change

So I go into the settings on my phone to change my wallpaper, and select a picture or Apple-provided background. It lets me set it as the background or lock screen--even shows it as selected in the preview. But when it doesn't actually change the wallpaper, specifically for the locked screen wallpaper. Instead, is keeps the album cover for whatever song I was last listening to. I've changed it dozens of times but it doesn't do it. Any thoughts?

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 8:31 AM

Try a reset. Press & hold the Power and Home buttons together for 10+ seconds, ignoring the red power-off slider, until you see the Apple logo. It is safe to do, there should be no content loss. It is the same as rebooting your computer.

12 replies

Jul 9, 2017 5:31 PM in response to Pup E

I had this problem on an old iPad running iOS 9. It was never jailbroken. Tried everything. This is what finally solved the problem:

1) Open Photos

2) Open the photo you want to use as your new wallpaper

3) "Edit" the photo

3) Do anything to the photo - I just tapped the magic wand icon to "Enhance"

4) Save the photo

5) Now try setting your wallpaper again - it should work now

Best I can figure: the photo itself is corrupted somehow, and using the Photos app to edit and save over the old version makes the image usable as a wallpaper again. Hope this works for some of you!

Mar 2, 2012 9:07 AM in response to wjosten

Ah, so you have picked up on a behavior that iPhones do not normally display and surmise that his iPhone has been jailbroken! That was not easy to follow in your ever so brief comment, but with a more explicit explanation is now more readily understandable.

I am not familiar with iPhones that do that, but thought perhaps he had an app for that! 😉

wallpaper won't change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.