Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ap3 on multiple computers?

I understand I can install Ap3 on up to three Mac's in household. I downloaded Trial onto my MacBook, then paid for Ser No to upgrade it to full version. Would I now download Trial onto my iMac, then enter Ser No I now have onto iMac to upgrade it as well??

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 9:35 AM

5 replies

Mar 3, 2012 5:57 AM in response to garyfromjamesville

garyfromjamesville wrote:

I understand I can install Ap3 on up to three Mac's in household.

I hadn't heard that, so I thought I'd check. It appears that you can make one copy for a desktop and one copy for a laptop. Not three copies and apparently the two copies are for two types of computers and they must be owned by you, the user. But, I'm not a SW license expert.

http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/

B. Single User License. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on one Apple-branded desktop computer and one Apple-branded laptop computer so long as both computers are owned and used by you.

Mar 3, 2012 6:35 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

Kevin,

this Single User Licence is what you get, if you buy Aperture from the Apple Online Store, the licence that comes with purches from the App Store is much less restrictive - you can download and install the application on any apple branded computer you control for personal use.

So buying from the App Store right now certainly is the best bargain you can get - much better price and much better licence. I am not sure on the conditions garyfromjamesville bought his Aperture version - if he received a licence number he probably bought from the Apple Online Storeand then the licence you referred to would apply.

Regards

Léonie

Mar 3, 2012 8:03 AM in response to léonie

When I look at the license on the App Store for Aperture (screen shot attached), it says that you can use the SW on computers that you own. Which is different from I just posted.

So do we interpret this as I can put this on any computer I own? Meaning I own (purchased) my spouse's, my kid's and my own computers, so I can put the SW on any of those computers? What if I purchased a computer for a friend, or another family member?

The problem I think I run into though, is it goes on reference the Mac App Store Product Usage Rules, under Mac Usage Rules. I followed that link, but I couldn't find anything using the word Usage on that link. I did look at the End User Software License Agreements link, upper right of that link, which takes you to www.apple.com/legal/sla site.

So, what is it?

One license per computer?

One per one desktop and one laptop that I use?

One license for all the computers that I use?

One license for all the computers that I own?

You'd think they'd try and make it a little easier to figure this out.

User uploaded file

Mar 3, 2012 9:22 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

Kevin,

See this:

http://go-dslr.com/reviews/explained-the-new-mac-app-store-terms-and-conditions- confusion-among-your-followers-apple

Basically it tells you this:

You may install and use this application personally (meaning TIED TO YOUR USER ID) on however many Macs YOU control. That means the licence is tied to you. If yo have a mac at work and one at home and work will let you purchase Aperture 3, you can also install it with your app store ID at home with the same license.

I am no lawyer, but to me this sounds convincing ...

Regards

Léonie

Ap3 on multiple computers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.