Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with the Exchange payload on Profile Manager

I think the Profile Manager service on OS X Lion Server is very promising.

With that being said, here's the problem that I'm encountering.

When I try to configure a payload for Exchange (Exchange ActiveSync (iOS only)), I want to intentionally leave the Domain and User fields blank so that the user is prompted for this information. In fact, the payload descpription for these two fields clearly states that "The Domain and User must be blank for device to prompt user." However, when I do this, the payload fails to save unless I add the User name. It looks like a bug to me. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

MB Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.2), 2GB RAM

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:53 PM

In order to access the Profile Manager user portal (yourdomain.com/mydevices), your users will have to authenticate. Profile Manager can take that authentication information and fill in the Exchange payload using the %short_name% payload variable, and leave the password and domain for the user to fill in manually.

Take a look at http://help.apple.com/profilemanager/mac/10.7/#apd073333AA-30C6-4FD2-B2E0-E0C956 58A2C4 for a list of payload variables.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2012 12:53 PM in response to NachoooooooLibre

In order to access the Profile Manager user portal (yourdomain.com/mydevices), your users will have to authenticate. Profile Manager can take that authentication information and fill in the Exchange payload using the %short_name% payload variable, and leave the password and domain for the user to fill in manually.

Take a look at http://help.apple.com/profilemanager/mac/10.7/#apd073333AA-30C6-4FD2-B2E0-E0C956 58A2C4 for a list of payload variables.

Problem with the Exchange payload on Profile Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.