Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Templates in Pages.

To delete a Personal Template from "Pages" open finder; open "Go"; hold down left "Alt"; open "Library"; open "Application Support"; open "iWork"; open "Pages"; open "Templates". You can now delete your own templates by dragging to Trash or amend names etc.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:20 PM

40 replies

Sep 28, 2017 5:03 PM in response to z750df

Hi z'

The original post in this discussion was made in 2012, when the current version of Pages was Pages '09 (v 4.x).

Things changed with the introduction of Pages 5, as you would know if you had read to the end of the thread.

Check VikingOSX's posts on Page 3, including the one immediately before yours, for updated instructions that fit Pages 5 and Pages 6.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 2, 2012 3:03 PM in response to russellfromedinburgh

Don't know how you came to that conclusion.

That question and answer is one of the more common ones here. Been asked and answered many times.

If you look to your right you will see some of the other posts.

I just checked on your posts.

These are the only two posts you have done, so when/where else did you "aske this question several times"?

Peter

May 24, 2012 9:27 PM in response to russellfromedinburgh

I hardly dare ask this, after the discussion, but as a baffled newcomer, I'd be really thankful for some help here.

I updated my Pages [rather than buy the whole iWorks package] to Pages '09 and I want to delete some of my own Templates

I have opened Finder, but can't see Library; so I have located Pages 09 and clicked to open Contents. There is no templates folder..

I have also tried Finder>[my name]>documents...

And searched for Templates;

and tried Applications>Pages.. but still no Templates.

I have even tried my original iWork '06 but no Template folder

With so many experienced people, please would you help me?

iMac 10.7.3

May 24, 2012 9:57 PM in response to l f fromsalisbury

Hi I f,

"I hardly dare ask this, after the discussion, but as a baffled newcomer..."

One thing to keep in mind (and sometimes it's difficult) is that whatever the reaction here, there are no 'stupid' questions, except the ones that do not get asked.

Your templates are located at:

username (the house icon) > Library > ApplicationSupport > Iwork > Pages > Templates > My Templates

For Lion users, start in the Finder, click the Go menu, then press and hold the Option key as you choose Library.

That will put you in your User Library. After that, follow the rest of the path above, open the My Templates folder, then delete templates as you would any file:

Click on the file to select it, then either drag it to the Trash OR press command-delete to move it to the Trash.

Regards,

Barry

Deleting Templates in Pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.