Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail two column view

Hi,

Until today, I was used to have my Mail in two columns: my different accounts and folder were hidden by default, on the left I had a list of emails and on the right was displayed the content of any email I would select.

Today, for reason I still do not understand, I only have one wide colum: all my email are listed with their content (content is displayed for each and every email, no matter if the email is selected or not). If the email is long, I need to double-click on it to open it in a separate window.

I was wondering how I could revert back to the usual viewing (two column, iOS style). And I'm not talking about using the classic pre-Lion view.

Thanks a lot for your help!

P.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:04 PM

3 replies

Mar 2, 2012 12:31 PM in response to Parneix

Re getting the right-hand pane back. Look to the right frame of the Mail window. If it is thicker than the rest, look closely for a small dot about halfway down. Click on that and drag to the left.

User uploaded file

Re the over-long display of contents in the emails in their list -

Open the Mail Preferences (Preferences in the Mail menu), go to the Viewing tab. In the upper section, check to see what's set in the "List Preview:" pulldown menu. This setting is active whether or not Mail has been set to use Classic layout (yes, the indenting of that item indicates it applies only to Classic layout, but that's not the case).

Mail two column view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.