Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inserting a check mark in text.

I'm using Pages '09, and I'm attempting to insert a check mark at the end of a topic to show that it's been covered. I tried using the draw tool in "Shapes", and that works fine except it inexplicably creates large gaps in the middle of my text which I don't seem to be able to correct while the check mark is in place. So...is there a simpler, more reliable way to insert a check mark, and if not, is there any way to eliminate the text gaps described above. Note: you may have to "dumb it down", because on a scale of 1-10, my computer skills are right around a -2! Thanks for the help.

Frank

iMac

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 4:18 PM

Just hold the Option key and type v: √

Walt

13 replies

Mar 3, 2012 12:52 PM in response to fruhulda

√ Icelandic

√ German

√ US and

√ Canadian all produce the root sign with option-v. Others as well, I'm sure, but these are th only ones currently active on this machine.

Icelandic is a Unicode KB layout; the rest are all Roman. My US Extended (OS X v10.4.11) uses this combination for one of the 'dead key' accents.

Regards,

Barry

Inserting a check mark in text.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.