Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 1 and iPhone 4S constantly drop WI-FI and 3G Connections

Hello Discussion Community (Fellow Reader),

I have several iDevices, but I upgraded my main two devices, an iPhone 4S, which I didn't upgrade, but which was delivered with iOS 5, and an iPad 1, which I had on 3.2, 4.0 and now 5.0, but, eversince I upgraded to iOS 5, which, I know, and I crave, has a ton of cool new features (my favourite being iCloud), I constantly drop out of any Wi-Fi I am, and if I use AirPlay, my iPad stops running in the middle of a movie.

I have an active Apple Developer Membership running through my dad currently, and I am in the middle of designing an app which uses the internet on iOS devices.

I have tried upgrading to the iOS 5.1 beta, which was improved, and stopped battery leakage. Apple inofficially says they are working to fix this error with the Wi-Fi, and I have noticed minor improvements to this error, for example, that the signal only drops or fails for a few seconds.

I have asked my friends in school, and all of them also said that their iDevices also constantly drop their signals, when logged into Wi-Fi or 3G Networks, just to prove that it's not just my devices.

I use T-Mobile Deutschland as my network carrier, and use a Time Capsule Wireless (latest generation (1TB)), as my Wireless router has a very weak signal strength. I use Vodafone Deutschland as my Internet Provider, and they have a very excellent service, with a very good average download speed of 16000 kBit/s and an upload speed of 2000 kBit/s.

If you should know anything, please feel free to give me an answer, as I will gladly read through those.

Thanks for reading, Max.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, 64GB Black

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Max,

Work through http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199 and make sure your settings are all the way Apple prefers.

Also, we are not permitted to discuss anything related to beta software or development work on these Communities according to the Terms of Use.

You may also want to power down completely your router, and iPad, then power up the router, let it stabilize a few minutes then power up the iPad and see if it is able to establish a stable connection.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 2, 2012 1:42 PM in response to maxgreferoelle

Max,

Work through http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199 and make sure your settings are all the way Apple prefers.

Also, we are not permitted to discuss anything related to beta software or development work on these Communities according to the Terms of Use.

You may also want to power down completely your router, and iPad, then power up the router, let it stabilize a few minutes then power up the iPad and see if it is able to establish a stable connection.

Mar 2, 2012 1:57 PM in response to maxgreferoelle

While I'm not familiar with how things work where you live, here in the US many people buy routers, hokk them up and turn them on. This yields many Wi-Fi networks with the same name. If there is another network with the me name near you your devices might get confused periodically. You can change the name of your Wi-Fi network to see if this might correct your connectivity issues.

iPad 1 and iPhone 4S constantly drop WI-FI and 3G Connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.