Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2012 12:32 PM by Ralph Johns (UK)
Dano22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I seemingly now have Messages Beta working on my MBP and my iPhone 4 conversations seem synched up.  However, when someone sends me a picture message or MMS message, that does not show up in Messages Beta, even though its received on the iPhone.

This happening to anyone else?

Thanks

Dano

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • Ralph Johns (UK) Level 9 Level 9 (69,000 points)

HI,

With regard to iMessage IMs I have not seen this  (Although my testing is limited)

I have not seen any difference with Buddies from Buddy Lists (formerly iChat Contacts) either.

8:46 PM      Saturday; March 3, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

  iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.3)
     G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
     MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
     Mac OS X (10.6.8),

"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

• lekogm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a very similar problem.  I sent pictures via Messages beta and they show up in iMessage but any pictures sent to me do not show up in Messages beta.

HI,

Second thought.

Did they send to the Phone Number or your Apple ID ?

IMs sent to the Phone Number will not Sync to Messages.

8:03 PM      Sunday; March 4, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

• Dano22 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I really have no idea, but I get all of their NON-MMS messages on both my iPhone and in Messages Beta...

On my phone the iMessages to the Phone Number show Separate from the ones sent to the Apple ID and show as such in the Messages history.

10:26 PM      Sunday; March 4, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

I want all messages to sync.  All non pic messages come to both my phone and my MBP Messages BETA.  Wondering why the MMS messages are not coming through to Messages Beta.

Because they are not iMessages

10:30 PM      Sunday; March 4, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Ralph,

I believe Messages Beta is being advertised to allow you to receive all sorts of messages whether on your iPhone or Messages Beta on your comp.  The person that sent the pic via MMS is on an iPhone and our regular text messages show in both Messages Beta and on my iPhone.

What am I not understanding as it pertains to receiving MMS messages on Messages Beta?

http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain-lion/messages-beta/

Thanks.

Dano

Hi,

On your phone are the iMessage items and MMS items in different colours ?

IF I am without a Wifi Signal at work and send a Message it is sent as SMS and is Green whereas iMessages are coloured Blue.

The Blurb on that page you linked to does not say anything about Syncing All Messages.

• Send unlimited iMessages to any Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.*
    • Start an iMessage conversation on your Mac and continue it on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
    • Send photos, videos, attachments, contacts, locations, and more.
    • Launch a FaceTime video call and bring the conversation face-to-face.
    • Messages supports iMessage, AIM, Yahoo!, Google Talk, and Jabber accounts.

It does not say in the  last line that it supports SMS or MMS 

In that Pic on that page the text field in the open chat reads iMessage.  The other options it will show are AIM, Jabber or Yahoo  (I have not  checked if Bonjour reads different)

10:44 PM      Sunday; March 4, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Ralph,

MMS messages come to my phone as pictures.  No colors.  All my messages with the person I am trying to get the pic from in Messages Beta are in blue on my iPhone.

Thanks for your help.

Are others expeiencing this and are we supposed to be getting MMS messages on both iPhones and Messages Beta?

Dano

Umm,

I looked at an old message on my Phone that I had send from Messages as an iMessage to my daughter and her husband separately (in the same chat though but to both their phones)

It (the conversation) was coloured blue (iMessage) as the sync on my phone whereas the pic itself does not appear in a coloured Balloon like it displays in Messages.

As it was part of a Blue (iMessage) chat It was synced between Phone and Messages.

If the Messages is SMS or MMS from a phone that cannot do iMessages then it will be green balloons for the chat on the phone and will not sync.

11:05 PM      Sunday; March 4, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Have you found any other solutions lekogm?  Still don't understand why pics don't come through on Messages Beta as all the other messages do.

• lekogm Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Dano,

I have not found any other solutions.  It's really perplexing and I don't see any way to submit an official bug report.

Ralph,

All my messages are iMessages.  If they were text, sms, mms, or whatever you want to call them, than I wouldn't be posting to here. The reason I know that they are definately iMessages is because they come to my iPad.  Another way is because all the text syncs, in some fashion, between all of my devices.  Furthermore I don't have my iPhone set up to send iMessages as a text.  And lastly, I use my email address as my "caller id."

What I don't understand why someone can send me a picture with text and both show up on my Wi-Fi only iPad but I on my desktop I get no picture in the Messages app.  Furthermore, any picture I send via the messages app shows up on my other devices as well as the person's iPhone and iPad.

What I could understand though would be if Apple said, "Hey, Messages beta doesn't recieve pictures/videos yet."

And before I forget again, the reason why the page Dano linked to doesn't say that iMessage syncs all messages is because that's the entire point of iMessage.  It is so that you can go from your iPhone to your iPad and not miss a message between an iOS device.

Thanks lekogm for posting your experience.  Basically they same thing is happening to me sans the iPad (as I don have one ).

I share your frustration.

Previous 1 2 Next