Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final cut support

I'm editing a short film in final cut pro 5 and I have interlaced footage. I was wondering if the de-interlace filter in final cut will lower the quality of the video once rendered, exported and displayed on tvs and computers. Another question is if the interlacing in even noticeable after burned to a disk.

Final cut pro 5-OTHER

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:03 PM

Deinterlacing reduces the vertical resolution by one-half, so yes, quality will be reduced. For DVD delivery or for viewing on TV, I would not recommend deinterlacing. For web delivery, deinterlace as part of the export process.

-DH

4 replies

May 21, 2013 11:11 AM in response to finalcutEnthusiast

I'm wondering if someone can help me with this issue. I have a 24p timeline ready to go and whenever I try rendering to 30p Apple Pro Res HQ I keep running into the same issue, for some reason it stops rendering and the quicktime plays just fine but bthen I notice that it is exactly 10 mins short. I tried re-editing a new job and using different hard drives and the end result is the same every time, it stops rendering and finishes the job at the exact same spot. I tried looking for markers, edit points and nothing, the project looks clean. Any ideas on what's wrong with my system?

Thanks,

D.

Los Angeles

User uploaded file

Final cut support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.