Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Flex Time Original Detected Tempo?

When activating flex time on an audio track it looks like Logic goes by whatever tempo is currently active for the project to define what the original tempo is for that region of audio. Is there a way to tell Logic that the region has a different tempo after it has already been scanned with flex time?

I ask this because on occasion I will mix radio shows that use whole songs and I mix them in time to move with tempo changes for various songs. Sometimes I will be off by a small percentage as to what the actual bpm for a song is when activating flex time on a track. Because that is off, it won't match what the project tempo really is. I will then have to rename the original audio file to make Logic think it's a different file and then re-do the process with flex time. I would like to be able to change the source tempo for the region that has already been flex timed so that I won't have to keep re-importing the same audio to rescan it again and again with flex time.

MacBook Pro, Logic Studio, iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 6:07 PM

4 replies

Jun 21, 2012 1:11 PM in response to djanthonyw

I've been dealing with this today. 😠

I needed to go from 87bpm to 89bpm. Set the tempo to 89bpm and turned flex time on and of course realized that I had to be in 87 for it to lock properly to the grid. I unticked the flextime box and went back to 87 and everything stretched. I then deleted all the markers (as there was not a rescan option) which solved the stretch issue but as there is no option to rescan I can't get any markers up. This upsets me deeply. This is about to give me an ulcer..

There needs to be an option to rescan for transient markers.

Change Flex Time Original Detected Tempo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.