Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

750GB hard drive VS 128GB SSD

I have 2 Questions

Firstly,Am thinking of upgrading my macbook pro hard drive...

i have 350Gb...so i read about the SSD but dont know much about it... Does it contain same space with the normal HDD,or those the 128 SSD means 750GB HDD?

My second Question is,how can i move all my apps without doing reinstall again...am thinking of using super duper to clone, does anyone have idea if apps are to be reinstall?

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 11:00 AM

128GB SSD is the size of the hard drive.

Using Super Duper would clone your hard drive but since your current HDD is larger than an SSD you might have issues. If you plan on getting the 750GB you shouldn't have any problems.

5 replies

Mar 3, 2012 11:04 AM in response to maclover01

maclover01 wrote:

Does it contain same space with the normal HDD,or those the 128 SSD means 750GB HDD?

My second Question is,how can i move all my apps without doing reinstall again...am thinking of using super duper to clone, does anyone have idea if apps are to be reinstall?

a 128gb SSD has 128gb of storage, and a 750gb HDD has 750 GB of storage. Big difference in storage capacity. SSD's are a new technology to the consumer market and are expensive, so a 750gb SSD would be VERY expensive.

Making a clone of your internal HDD to the new HDD/SDD would work and you would not have to reinstall the apps.you would need an external hard drive enclosure to clone the present internal HDD to the new one.

750GB hard drive VS 128GB SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.