Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes doesn't sync videos to iPhone 4s.

So I imported my photos and videos to my computer so I can arrange the files in a separate folders. When I was done and tried to sync them back to my iPhone, iTunes won't let me sync the videos, said that the files "cannot be played on this iPhone". Which is ridiculous because those videos were recorded from the very same iPhone.

I read some of the discussions here and thought maybe I should verify the files like what was said here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1211

And I did, at least I tried but iTunes won't even let me add the files to its Library and won't let me convert the videos to mp4. So I tried converting my videos to mp4 using 3rd party application and still it won't sync with my phone.

Has anyone of you encountered this? What is the point of having that amount of disk space if I can't even add and watch my own videos on my phone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 1:40 PM

19 replies

Aug 2, 2012 4:59 PM in response to notgenie

I am also currently having the same problem. I can sync everything but videos to my iPhone 4s. I have tried just adding them to itunes and itunes will not load them. I have tried everything possible to get it to work including deauthorizing all computers on my account and only allowing my main computer to add files. If anyone can help this would be great.

Aug 2, 2012 5:21 PM in response to randers4

I have checked everything possible to try and figure out why itunes + my iPhone won't sync videos. I can play my mp4's on itunes. But for some reason the videos will not sync to itunes or my iphone.

-I have check my setup on itunes. (manually manage is currently selected)

-I have check every format that apple has for videos. (i have tried to use itunes to format and have now gone to Allok 3GP) still nothing works.

-I have deauthorized all computer on my account. (only have my main computer authorized now)

-Even the videos I have purchased from itunes will not sunce back to itunes or to my iphone.

Aug 2, 2012 5:48 PM in response to EPICFAIL1982

Being an mp4 isn't enough. To play on a 4S requires (from http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html):

"Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format".

It's possible the videos you have are in a .mp4 container but don't meet the other specs. There's lots of 3rd party applications that will convert videos to be compatible with an iPhone. You may have to find one of these and convert your videos first.

Aug 23, 2012 2:05 PM in response to notgenie

I am having the same trouble! I took the videos with the same phone and I can't sync them back to the phone no matter what I try. iTunes won't even allow them to go into the library. I don't understand this. I'd almost rather have my iPhone 4 back and forget about the 4S!!! I'm super disappointed in this. I could always sync my cell videos back to the phone. Apple needs to fix this immediately!!!

iTunes doesn't sync videos to iPhone 4s.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.