Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

URGENT!!! Upgraded to Lion, but computer won't restart

I downloaded and installed Lion, everything seemed to have gone ok with the installation. But, when my computer restarted, it got stuck on a grey screen with the apple logo... Why won't my computer start up?? And how can I fix it?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 3:11 PM

7 replies

Mar 4, 2012 12:04 AM in response to Linc Davis

What appeared is not the regular apple start up grey screen, it's a screen with a fabric-like pattern. Instead of a regular start up apple logo, it's a debossed logo appearing near the top centre of the screen. I can move the mouse around on the screen but can't click on anything (there being nothing active to click on). I'm not sure if the regular rebooting command+R is the right solution fo this?

Mar 4, 2012 6:11 AM in response to CassieLin

I believe, and you might of missed it, that there was a message prior to install that read this will take several minutes - do not turn off your computer. I remember I got the same screen, and I was very tempted to thinking somehting was wrong when I installed Lion because I saw the grey screen for several moments, and my first reaction was that I should force the computer to restart... but I held back my impulse and everything worked out fine. It was in its final stage of finnishing the install. Unfortnately you sound like you acted on your impulse and did restart the computer. I would recomend you try two things, start the computer holding down the shift key... then restart the computer holding down the command + R keys this way you can finish reinstalling Lion.

URGENT!!! Upgraded to Lion, but computer won't restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.