Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail and Ical Data Detectors - Issue with format of date

I use a scheduling service for work and other things that sends me an email when im being scheduled for something.

the email sends me something to the extent of:

Reservation CREATED...

Staff: Conor

Admin: Scott

Vehicle: None

Time: 3/6 5:00pm - 3/6 6:30pm

When i use the drop down box to insert this as an event in ical it comes up with Sunday June 3rd 5-6:30pm

i have gone into system preferences and made sure that my time and date settings are correct for United States format

i have played around with the formatting of the time and date in the email and here is what i found out:

Time: 3/6 5:00pm - 3/6 6:30pm - gives wrong date (June 3)

3/6 5:00pm - 3/6 6:30pm - gives wrong date (June 3)

3/6 5:00pm - 6:30pm - gives Correct Date (Tuesday March 6)

3/6 5:00pm - 3/7 6:30pm - Creates an event on the wrong dates from 5:00 pm June 3rd to 6:30 pm July 3rd

3/6 5:00pm - 4/6 6:30pm - Creates an event on the wrong dates of June 3rd to 6:30 pm June 4th

So for some reason when the 2nd date is added in there the system cant figure it out and switches for European format.

i cant change the format of the emails, and was wondering if anyone has any insight into this issue and how to resolve it.

Thanks,

Conor

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 3:45 PM

3 replies

Oct 13, 2012 4:00 AM in response to conorbyr

Have you received any feedback on formatting your messages so that the datadetectors identify information correctly?

I'm especially interested in learning how to ensure location data is extracted properly. Can't seem to find any good information on formatting email messages to ensure that datadetectors can do their job in the most efficient manner possible.

Mail and Ical Data Detectors - Issue with format of date

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.