Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit GPS lat/lon info in Aperature??

How do I edit GPS lat/lon info of a photo (or group of photos) in Aperature??

Macbook Pro 17, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 4:09 PM

This can be done by first selecting your photo(s). From the "Metadata" pull-down menu, select "Assign Location..." A drop-dialog will appear. In its Search box, type in the actual latitude and longitude, for example,

39.1928,-88.8873

and press <Enter> to perform a Google search, then select the correct location that appears below the Search box, and press "Assign" (bottom-right). Then confirm that you really want to replace the existing GPS info...

That's all there is to it!

WXman

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2012 4:09 PM in response to WXman

This can be done by first selecting your photo(s). From the "Metadata" pull-down menu, select "Assign Location..." A drop-dialog will appear. In its Search box, type in the actual latitude and longitude, for example,

39.1928,-88.8873

and press <Enter> to perform a Google search, then select the correct location that appears below the Search box, and press "Assign" (bottom-right). Then confirm that you really want to replace the existing GPS info...

That's all there is to it!

WXman

Mar 3, 2012 8:27 PM in response to WXman

In addition to the "Assign Location" using the map in "Places" View, which requires a network connection, you can use the "Lift&Stamp"-tool, to lift GPS-meta tags from any image that has GPS tags assigned and stamp these tags onto a group of selected images. This particular useful, if some of your images already are geocoded - e.g. if you have taken them with the iPhone and you want to assign the same location to your other images.

How do I edit GPS lat/lon info in Aperature??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.