Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto Library showing limited Albums on Apple TV

Have been happy user of Apple TV for 3 years now, but latest Firmware update seems to have created an issue with iPhoto Libraries.

When I set up my screensaver and want to use my iPhoto Library which is connected to my Apple TV on Home Share I am only able to see the Album "Last 12 Months".

Prior to Firmware update I had full access to all my Albums and Photos.

Anyone have a fix for this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27.5" + 1 TB

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 6:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2013 10:24 PM in response to Ian St-M

I just noticed this on my Apple TV too. I used to be able to see all my custom albums for the screensaver, but now I can only see three: 'Last 12 Months', 'Last Import' and 'Printing'. I went into iTunes' Photo Sharing Preferences (File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV) and it's the same there—just three lonely albums. The albums are all still there in iPhoto, they just won't appear in iTunes.

I've running a 2nd gen Apple TV, iTunes 11.0.2 and iPhoto 9.4.2.

Nov 23, 2013 9:34 AM in response to PaulyRocket

moved itunes and iphoto to external hd connected to timecapsule

newest MBP, newest timecapsule latest firmware, latest itunes, mavericks etc

tried the above but when i select choose photos to share i get spinning disk

when i "open" timecapsule i can see my external when i click edit> disks> external shows up

also

i can't see my albums to select to sync to my iphone

BUT

when i connect the HD directly to my mac it works i can see options to choose albums and will sync with iphone 4s

maybe timecapsule and external itunes and iphoto doesn't work well with each other

iPhoto Library showing limited Albums on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.