3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2013 9:34 AM by Eugene Degiorgio
Ian St-M Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Have been happy user of Apple TV for 3 years now, but latest Firmware update seems to have created an issue with iPhoto Libraries.

When I set up my screensaver and want to use my iPhoto Library which is connected to my Apple TV on Home Share I am only able to see the Album "Last 12 Months".

Prior to Firmware update I had full access to all my Albums and Photos.

Anyone have a fix for this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 27.5" + 1 TB
  • Apostropher Royal Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I just noticed this on my Apple TV too. I used to be able to see all my custom albums for the screensaver, but now I can only see three: 'Last 12 Months', 'Last Import' and 'Printing'. I went into iTunes' Photo Sharing Preferences (File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV) and it's the same there—just three lonely albums. The albums are all still there in iPhoto, they just won't appear in iTunes.

I've running a 2nd gen Apple TV, iTunes 11.0.2 and iPhoto 9.4.2.

• PaulyRocket Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was having issues like you. I too am running  iPhoto 9.4.2  iTunes 11.0.2   and was trying to update my screen saver photos on my

Going to: File > Home Sharing > Choose Photos to Share with Apple TV

Helped my issue. Thank you!

I can see all my albums and photos now.

• Eugene Degiorgio Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

moved itunes and iphoto to external hd connected to timecapsule

newest MBP, newest timecapsule latest firmware, latest itunes, mavericks etc

tried the above but when i select choose photos to share i get spinning disk

when i "open" timecapsule i can see my external when i click edit> disks> external shows up

also

i can't see my albums to select to sync to my iphone

BUT

when i connect the HD directly to my mac it works i can see options to choose albums and will sync with iphone 4s

maybe timecapsule and external itunes and iphoto doesn't work well with each other