Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xfinity tv app does not work on Canadian iPad.

I have two homes, one US and one in Canada, and have Canadian iPad but I cant get app to work. I have a legal Comcast account. Managed to load app but can't get content to load. Get message "Your request cannot be completed". Canadian iTunes does not find Xfinity TV when you search, but I managed to load app from Comcast link.

Can anybody have suggestion or reason?

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 7:08 PM

9 replies

Mar 3, 2012 8:39 PM in response to Demo

I don't see why that is true. There are thousands of apps not written in the US that are available to everyone.

When you sign on to this Comcast app, if your name is not on the account it does not load. This should be the restriction not where your iPad is bought. If I am a US citizen overseas with my home in US and buy an iPad from in another country, the Comcast account parameters should govern???

Mar 4, 2012 4:04 AM in response to VanSaint

I'm sorry. I worded my response incorrectly I think. It doesn't matter where the app is written, it matters where the content is available. The Comcast Xfinity content is not available in Canada - at least that is my assumption - if it is not loading content. When you get back to the U.S. the content will be available again, but not while you are out of the country.

Entertainment Apps like that are regulated either by the countries in which they are used and by the owners of the content. It's not a restriction set forth by Apple but most likely by Comcast - or Canada. In this case, I'm guessing it's Comcast restricting it's use outside of the U.S. - probably due to copyright and licensing issues.

Mar 4, 2012 9:05 AM in response to Demo

Thanks Demo for your response but this isn't correct. I am presently in my US home. The problem seems to be the iTune store. As I said, the app is loaded but when I try to lauch from the app opening page it looks to iTunes i believe. This Canadian iPad only seems to access the Canadian iTune version wherever it is located.

I agree with your second paragraph as I have BBC iPlayer loaded from Canada but in the US it doesn't work because iPlayer is not available yet in the US.

A question that Apple I.T. may be able to answer only??

Mar 4, 2012 9:28 AM in response to VanSaint

Well I'm sorry again but if you said that you were currently in your U.S. home - I missed that as well. You probably need to change your region on the iPad then.

Go to Settings>Store>Apple ID - tap the ID and tap view Apple ID. Enter your password and then look at Country or Region. Tap that. Change it to the U.S. See if it works now.

If it still doesn't work - you can change the region in iTunes on the iPad as well. Launch the iTunes app. Tap on the Featured tab. Swipe down to the bottom of the screen and your ID is on the left. Tap on it and go through the same procedure that you did in the Store settings.

You can do the same procedure in the App Store. Try it in all three places if needed.

However, if you had to download the app from the Comcast link - and it was not available in the Canadian app store - I'm not so sure that it will work no matter what you do.

For instance - you can buy an iPad in the US and have FaceTime on it and you can be a legal resident of the U.S. but if you travel to the UAE, Facetime will not work - because the use of the app is restricted by the government there. I know that I am sort of comparing apples to oranges - but where you buy your iPad has as much to do with what content will work on it as what your legal residency is.

If changing the region doesn't work. Then you may want to contact Apple IT.

Nov 27, 2016 10:15 AM in response to VanSaint

Some apps on iTunes is only available in the USA, they are made for USA market. Like Comcast app, its a USA company with USA region available only. You will not find this app on iTunes Canada regions, only iTunes USA region.

(Many American bank apps you cannot find on iTunes Canada)...

Resolve: You have to use the country version of iTunes for apps in that country to download the app.

How: If you want an iTunes app found in the USA version of iTunes then you must have a USA address and USA credit card in order for you to change your region on your iTunes account.

Just changing the region will not let you have access to that iTunes region. IE: to have iTunes Canada access you must have a Canadian address and Canadian credit card to access iTunes Canada.

Your iTunes ID and password remains the same, all you do is in your account profiles you change your address and credit card information to the country of your address and credit card, they must all be from the same country.

You can interchange from time to time between Canada and USA by changing your address and credit card for each country and update you apps that way and or obtain new apps from either country respectfully.

I do this all the time living in both USA and Canada.

BTW Comcast DOES NOT WORK IN CANADA even with the APP, its broadcasting is protected, only viewed in USA.

xfinity tv app does not work on Canadian iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.