Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot send mail from my hotmail account on my iphone 4s

i bought a iphone 4s and set up my hotmail account through the Mail setting - Add accout - Hotmail. I have never been able to send mail through this set up. i have deleted the account and re-setup the account several times and had no success. I am able to recieve email but this is still useless if I cannot reply. Is there anyone else with this problem? can anyone help me?

I love this phone, but this is definately a major downfall and I am really %&#@...... unhappy.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 9:00 PM

9 replies

Mar 4, 2012 3:12 PM in response to Mattgoldrup

Your fix can be as simple as you got the password wrong. When sending from my hotmail I needed to go into my email service provider and allow my hotmail access to my email account...the server thought it was junk mail. Also make sure the S/MIME is Off? So email is the full account email plus domain; password (correct); description Hotmail; S/MIME Off. Keep in touch.

Dec 11, 2013 2:32 PM in response to Mattgoldrup

I had the similar issues all I did to remove the hotmail account and addes as outlook account with my hotmail credentials and it worked. I had another issue with my hotmail accont that even I read email on IPhone those shows unread wen I login to hotmail account through web so adding through outlook option it sync up the account. Hoping this will helpful.

Thanks

May 28, 2014 6:03 AM in response to Mattgoldrup

I was having trouble emailing from Gmail on my iPhone 5, because the server didn't allow relaying, as some folks in this thread described . Deleting and setting the account up again didn't help. Someone in this thread said to go to Settings, Gmail, Advanced, Server Port, and change it to 25. It worked like a charm. BUT- here's the weird part: when I went back to check the server port, it had changed itself back to the previous port # and it's still working fine. Go figure.

Cannot send mail from my hotmail account on my iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.